Here’s a cool way to apply holo powder & nail foils on natural nails using natural nail polish. There’s a lot of tutorials showing holo powder on gel nails, but perfecting it on natural nail polish is seldom shown.
I decided to dive into the task and the results were pretty great!
Here’s what you’ll need:
• Sally Beauty Proclaim Hair Extension Glue -(black)
(white) – https://fave.co/2QPghb1 – $1.99 – optional to protect your skin from the holo powder.
• Morgan Taylor – React Clear Base Coat (14 day wear- no light needed)
• Soft Pink: Zoya Joey
• Holo Powder: Born Pretty Store – # 38218 $3.99 – BAP
• Clear Adhesive Polish: Born Pretty Store
• Sophi Piggy Paint Water Based Top Coat – (a non-reactive top coat for nail foils & holo powder. Not much shine though, so I add an extra shiny top coat after I apply the Sophi Top Coat to seal in my foils and holo powder first.)
• Shiny Clear Top Coat – Seche Vite
I have found the best product to protect your skin from messy manicures has been Sally Beauty Hair Extension Glue. I know, you’re probably thinking… that’s crazy. But it’s the exact same stuff that all the fancy manufacturers are using without the little brush and for a lot less money! It comes in white or black. For $1.99 i think it’s 100% worth it!
I use a q-tip to apply it to my skin around my nails.
The steps are simple.
- Apply a clear base coat to your nails.
- Cover the skin around your nails with the hair extension glue.
- 1 coat of Zoya Joey to your nails
- 1 thin coat of Clear Nail Adhesive over all your nails
- Rub holo powder over your nails
- 1 thin coat of Clear Nail Adhesive where ever you want your nail foils to stick to your nails
- Press the nail foils over your nails
- Seal in your nail foils and holo powder with non reactive water based top coat by Sophi Piggy Paint
- For ultimate shine add 1 more coat of your favorite shiny top coat.
Check out my video below.
Bonus… Pro-Tip Nail Growth & Strengthener: Add some oil from Garlic Pearls to your nails once your manicure is set and dry.
Be sure to subscribe to my YouTube Channel for more nail art tutorials and product reviews!