As of November Essie will be releasing a brand new collection for Winter 2015 comprised of 6 fabulous shades!
Here’s a sneak peak at what’s in store…
Haute Tub: Jet black with amethyst fire
Apres-Chic: Iconic Platinum
Virgin Snow: Crisp Periwinkle Blue
Peak Show: Scenic Powder Pink
Altitude Attitude: Elevated Sublime Scarlet
Shall We Chalet?: Seductive Ruby
Super excited about the collection I decided to try out Haute Tub and a few water nail decals i received last year from the Born Pretty Store for some cool & simple Halloween Nails!
Here’s a closer look:
For those of you who don’t know, water decals are a great alternative to nail stamping, nail stickers and free hand nail art. They’re really easy to use too.
- For this look I used two coats of Haute Tub by Essie.
- While i waited for my nails to dry i cut out 10 water decals from the sheet decal designs and placed them in a small bowl of water.
- After a few minutes the decals began to separate from the paper.
- All you have to do is dip your nail into the water over the decal and gently slide it onto your nail. It’s a lil’ tricky at first but once you get the hang of it, they go on really easy and stay on until you remove them with nail polish remover.
- Once all your decals are set in place apply 1 coat of your favorite dry fast top coat to seal them in and your done!
I’m not 100% sure if the born pretty store still sells these exact water decals but i found a few other options you may want to try!
Haute Tub by Essie is an amazing jet black nail lacquer, with a subtle hint of amethyst sparkle. Absolutely LOVE this color! 1-2 coats is all you need for full coverage. It applies smooth and evenly, with NO STREAKS! It’s not thick either! Essie really nailed it with this color. It’s the perfect consistency and coverage for those of you looking for an alternative to your average black nail polish. Once it’s fully released in November I’d highly suggest picking up a bottle.
Looks who’s got a jump start on the collection!
Snag a bottle of Haute Tub by Essie now at Ulta.com!
Retails: $8.50 available at www.essie.com, cvs, Ulta, Target and fine salons nationwide!
(photo credit: Nails by Holly for The Trendy Nail)
Stay tuned for more detailed swatches and reviews of the entire Essie Winter 2015 collection.
& Happy Halloween!