As fashion week comes to a close, be prepared for a jam packed week of all things Runway Related!
Here’s an inside look at Essie’s nails … the looks behind the Wes Gordon Spring/Summer 2016 Runway Show from NYFW!
Wes Gordon Spring/Summer 2016
To pair with the feminine, yet edgy and dark undertone of Wes Gordon’s Spring/Summer 2016 collection, Rita Remark for essie created a gothic ombre nail look that perfectly captured the enviable style of ’90s “good girl gone bad.” The nail design juxtaposes light and dark with wet and dry.
essie nail products used:
Get the look:
- Apply first base base coat to clean, filed nails
- Next, apply 2 coats of in the lobby, avoiding the moon at the cuticle area
- Then, apply 1 coat of matte about you over in the lobby
- To achieve the gothic ombre design, remove most of the polish from the devil’s advocate brush and create upward streaks from the cuticle to the center of the nail
- Finish by removing most of the polish from the gel setter top coat brush and apply directly on top of devil’s advocate to add high shine
Expert tip: Gel Setter Top Coat gives a great 3-D wet effect when used
For additional information on the essie nail products mentioned above, please visit.
For up to the minute coverage, check out: #essieNYFW for everything fashionable backstage, and #essielove to see our designer nail looks!
Follow us for behind-the-scenes: