Runway Mani Cam: JONATHAN SIMKHAI FW 2016
Hey there nail enthusiasts!
Here’s a closer look at Essie’s nail looks featured in the Jonathan Simkhai Fall/Winter Runway Show at Fashion Week this week!
Jonathan Simkhai Fall/Winter 2016
Warm cozy knits in shades of navy, light blue, white, beige and ivory are featured prominently in Jonathan Simkhai’s Fall/Winter 2016 runway show. To carry this sentiment through to the nails, Rita Remark for essie chose coordinating shades find me an oasis, wrap me up, all eyes on nudes, marshmallow and midnight cami on nails. To enhance the cozy feeling she applied matte about you, and then used gel.setter top coat to create a textured cable knit sweater design as an accent on the middle and ring fingers.
essie nail products used:
• ridge filling base coat • find me an oasis • wrap me up
• all eyes on nudes • marshmallow • midnight cami • matte about you
• gel.setter top coat
Get the look:
- Apply ridge filling base coat to clean, filed nails
- Next, apply two coats of find me an oasis, wrap me up, all eyes
on nudes, marshmallow or midnight cami to all nails (pick
color of choice)
- Then, apply one coat of matte about you to all nails
- Create cable knit sweater design on the middle and ring
fingers of both hands by first drawing, with a striping brush
dipped in gel.setter top coat, diagonal “S” shapes down the
middle section of the nail
- Then, using a striping brush dipped in gel.setter top coat,
draw two evenly spaced vertical lines down the nail on booth
side of the “S” shapes
- To finish the pattern, using a striping brush dipped in
gel.setter top coat, apply diagonal downward strokes down
both outer sections of the nail
*The cable knit sweater design is only featured on middle and ring fingers of both hands; color varies from model to model
For additional information on the essie nail products mentioned above, please visit. For up to the minute coverage, check out: #essielove for everything fashionable backstage.
Follow essie for behind-the-scenes: