Craving some more fun and easy nail art?! Well today’s nail art tutorial is inspired by a piece from the recently revealed Moschino Pre Fall 2014 Collection. A daintier side of the collection introduced florals, tie-waist frocks, and the combination of negligée fronts accenting a functional trench coat and shirt dress. For more details to view the entire Moschino Pre-Fall 2014 Collection Click Here.
Loving the colors and design of this particular piece I thought it would be a great pattern to translate into a fun nail art design.
Here are the tools you will need to emulate these trendy nails!
- Avenue Maintain – Essie
- Black Nail Art Duo – Art Club
- Sunday Funday – Essie
- Josie – Zoya
- White Nail Art Duo – Art Club
- Electric Universe – Art Club
- Yellow Nail Art Duo – Art Club
- Medium Dotting Tool ( Toothpick or ball point pen will work too)
- Base Coat & Dry Fast Top Coat (your choice)
Step 1: Start your off with 1 coat of solid blue nails. I used Avenue Maintain by Essie.
Step 2: Using your nail art duo striping brush, paint a line down the center of each nail in black.
Step 3: Now it’s time to paint some uneven white splatter dots using either the pen side or the striping brush from your nail art duo pen in white. Feel free to add a few extra uneven dots. The dot’s don’t have to be in an even line. I staggered them as you will see in the next step.
Step 4: Using your dotting tool or toothpick or even the end of a pen dot the centers of your white with the various colors mentioned above. (yellow, red, electric blue & green) I left one or two dots empty and filled in the larger dots with colors.
Step 5: Finally add one coat of your favorite dry fast top coat nail lacquer to seal in your design. I chose Seche Vite.
There you have it! Fun and fairly simple colorful trendy fashion inspired nails!
Here are the shopping links below for all of the products used in this post! Hope you enjoyed and stay tuned for more fun and easy … How did you do that?! Trendy nail art tutorials!
- Avenue Maintain – Essie – BUY IT NOW: $4.90 Amazon.com
- Black Nail Art Duo – Art Club – BUY IT NOW: $4.00 ShopColorClub.com
- Sunday Funday – Essie – BUY IT NOW: $5.18 Amazon.com
- Josie – Zoya – BUY IT NOW: $9 zoya.com , $6.86 Amazon.com
- White Nail Art Duo – Art Club – BUY IT NOW: $4.00 ShopColorClub.com
- Electric Universe – Art Club – BUY IT NOW: $4.00 ShopColorClub.com
- Yellow Nail Art Duo – Art Club – BUY IT NOW: $4.00 ShopColorClub.com
- Medium Dotting Tool ( Toothpick or ball point pen will work too) BUY IT NOW: $1.59 Amazon.com
- Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat BUY IT NOW: $4.76 Amazon.com
(Photo Credits: Moschino Pre Fall 2014 – Style.com // Nails by Holly for The Trendy Nail)
Disclosure: The products used in this post were purchased by me. Affiliate links appear in this post. When you purchase through an affiliate link, you help support this site. For more info view my Disclosure Policy.