HOW TO: ESSIE NEON NAIL STRIPES
Hey there nailfies!
While it may seem like summer’s coming to a close it’s not too late to try some more fun neon nail art designs! This look is perfect for all you “Back to Schoolers” & really simple to do!
Here’s what you’ll need to create these neon striped nails!
Essie Neon 2016 Collection – $9/ each.
- Clear or Matte Base Coat – (to prevent staining & helps prevent streaking)
- Prime & Pop – White Base Coat
- Stencil Me In – Neon Lime
- Mark On Miami – Neon Orange
- The Fuchsia Of Art – Neon Purple
- In It To Wyn It – Neon Blue
- Gallery Gal – Hot Pink
- Shiny Clear Top Coat
- Thin striping nail art brush
- Dotting Tool or Toothpick
Step 1: After applying your clear base coat, Apply 1 coat of Essie Prime & Pop White Base to all your nails.
* Tip: Sometimes white nail lacquers tend to streak, so to prevent this apply a matte base coat to your nails first.
Step 2: Apply a diagonal line using Essie – Stencil Me In to the corners of each nail.
* Tip: Depending on the length of your nails, creating a straight line can be tricky. Try using a thin striping brush for your outline first and fill it in with the color.
Step 3: Repeat step 2 with Mark On Miami and leave a space between both colors.
Step 4: Using a dotting tool apply a few small dots in a diagonal line between the lime & the orange stripes using Essie – The Fuchsia Of Art.
Step 5: Using your thin striping brush paint a thin diagonal blue line next to the orange with Essie – In It To Wyn It.
Step 6: Using the thin nail art striping brush and Essie Gallery Gal paint a few irregular short strokes at the empty corner of each nail.
Final Step – Seal & Go: Seal in your design with one coat of your favorite shiny dry fast top coat & Voilla! *For a matte finish, leave out the top coat.