Essie Behind the Scenes: Christian Siriano FW17
Christian Siriano FW17
Hey there nail enthusiasts!
Today’s post is an up close and personal behind the scenes take from the Christian Siriano FW17 runway show at New York Fashion Week featuring Essie!
The Christian Siriano Fall/Winter 2017 collection was full of grooved lines and unique designs you only find created by wind – and nature. The clay colored valley also inspired a rich, golden color palette. Rita Remark for essie created a nail look that mimicked the wavy patterns that the sand creates using glamorous colors and textures directly inspired by the collection.
- essie first base base coat, 0.46 fl. oz.
- essie carry on
- essie leggy legend
- essie splash of grenadine
- essie a cut above
- essie good to go top coat
Get the look:
- Begin by applying first base base coat to each nail.
- Next, apply on two coats of carry on, for a deep, romantic burgundy base color.
- Using a thin striping brush, begin by applying one “wave” of leggy legend.
- Next, use your striping brush to apply a second “wave” with splash of grenadine, staggering the wave lines.
- Finally, add in a dusting of a cut above for some pink glitter accents.
- Top off the look with good to go top coat for high shine.
essie pro tip: To ace this wave effect manicure at home, Rita suggests breaking it down into short, vertical dashes with a striping brush. She also notes that you should remember to keep the wave on each nail unique, since it’s different in nature!
For a closer look at the Christian Siriano FW17 collection click here