Good Morning Nail Enthusiasts!
I am so Happy It’s Friday! Besides the weather being perfect, I actually found a new favorite Red Polish i’d like to share with you!
I find that it’s pretty hard to find that “perfect” Classic Red but I think i’ve struck GOLD!
From Essie’s 2012 Fall Collection this Gorgeous HOT Red lacquer is called
“Head Mistress” by Essie
2 Coats of Head Mistress by Essie
1 Coat of Good To Go – Fast Drying Top Coat by Essie
- 1 coat of First Base Base Coat- Essie
- 1 Thin Coat of Honey Ryder Liquid Sand from the Bond Girls Collection by OPI
- Dab some random spots of brown polish on your nail… I used Essie #735 Hot Coco Amazon -$3.75
- Finish off the spots with some black half circles and random spots using either a dotting tool or Striping Brush color Black by Art Club.
- If you don’t have a dotting tool you can use the tip of a pen or even needle. Here are a few links to some inexpensive black polishes with a striping brush.
Spot Outline: Art Club : NA2 Black – $2.89 Art Club – Sally Beauty Supply – $2.79
- Lastly wait a bit for your nail art to dry and finish it off with 1 coat of Good To Go by Essie
Here are 2 dotting tools that are great to use for nail art.
In case you need to clean up your edges here’s a few tips:
- Use an orange wood stick wrapped with a bit of cotton. Dip the stick into your nail polish remover and rub around your nail where you may have some excess polish.
- Dip a small paint brush into a solution 3/4 nail polish remover 1/4 tea tree oil & paint away your mistakes. See Photo
For some reason this solution works better for me then using straight nail polish remover…
You can buy the TEA TREE OIL – $7.49 CVS
Tea Tree Oil- $2.99– CVS
- Sally Hansen No More Mistakes Manicure Clean-Up Pen, .05 fl oz
So excited to finally be able to wear my favorite wedges! This is what inspired me for my cute nail design and what I’ll be rocking this weekend on my fabulous tips!
I’d love to know your thoughts on the color and the design.