For the last part of my summer festival nails series here’s how to recreate these floral swirl nails 0 technical skills needed.
I have found the best product to protect your skin from messy manicures has been Sally Beauty Hair Extension Glue. I know, you’re probably thinking… that’s crazy. But it’s the exact same stuff that all the fancy manufacturers are using without the little brush and for a lot less money! It comes in white or black. For $1.99 i think it’s 100% worth it!
I use a q-tip to apply it to my skin around my nails.
The steps are simple.
- Apply a clear base coat to your nails
- Cover the skin around your nails with the hair extension glue.
- Apply a blob of Zoya Tessa to the mat
- Add a drop of Zoya Rie over Tessa
- Add a drop of Zoya Tessa over Rie
- Using a fine tip tool, ie. toothpick or dotter, drag from the edges to the center from all 4 corners.
- Press the jelly stamper over the flower design to pick up the image & allow to dry. (dry time is generally 1 min max.)
- Press the design onto your nail & repeat to your other nails.
- Remove the excess pattern that overlaps your nails with anything .. ie. a toothpick or in my case the opposite end of a paint brush did the trick just fine.
- Apply a little glitter to your nail at the cuticle edge using Zoya Dallas.
- Seal it in with your favorite shiny top coat.
Check out my video below.
Bonus… Pro-Tip Nail Growth & Strengthener: Garlic Pearls
Stay tuned for Part 3. Floral marble swirl!
Be sure to subscribe to my YouTube Channel for more nail art tutorials and product reviews!