It’s been a while since i’ve posted a fashion inspired mani. So here’s a new one i just created based on the most recent London Fashion Week featuring David Koma’s Spring/Summer 2020 Runway Show.
Absolutely loving David Koma’s aesthetic I wanted to recreate this look and added a bit of a custom color twist to boot!
I have a video I’ll be posting in a few days… but in the meantime i wanted to share with you the tools and how-to steps to recreate these fashion forward trendy nails!
Here’s what you’ll need:
Clear Base Coat – I’ve been using Essie Treat Love Color – Clear and have found it’s been the best at creating a good base to prevent streaking and holding my manicure’s the longest.
Matte Shimmer Cream – From Essie’s new Game Theory Collection I used Call Your Bluff
Black – 786 Java or you can use any black nail polish
*Creating a custom glitter top coat –
Born Pretty Store – Rainbow Holo Nail Powder
Clear Base Polish – Any clear will work, I used Mystic Nails Clear Base/Top Coat or use Seche Vite
The steps are simple.
- Apply a clear base coat to your nails
- Apply 1 coat of Essie Call Your Bluff to all 10 nails
- Place a small blob of 786 Java (or any black nail polish) to a piece of saran wrap – The saran wrap will be used as your nail art pallet.
- Dip your striping brush into the black nail polish and create multiple zig zag, curved and uneven spaced lines on your nails simulating an animal print pattern.
- Create a sheer custom glitter top coat by mixing some of the born pretty store holographic nail powder with some clear nail polish. I used had an old bottle of seche vite so i used the brush from the seche vite to apply the custom glitter to all 10 nails.
For a more sheer glitter add less powder and more clear polish.
- Lastly top it off with your favorite dry fast clear top coat.
Bonus… Pro-Tip Nail Growth & Strengthener: Garlic Pearls
Be sure to subscribe to my YouTube Channel for more nail art tutorials and product reviews!