TUTORIAL THURSDAY: Retro Nails using Essie Summer 2014 Colors
Feeling a lil’ retro this Thursday?! Well here’s a simple retro nail design using 3 shades from the new Essie Summer 2014 collection. Urban Jungle, Fierce No Fear & Roarrrange by Essie. The customizable t-shirt shown above can be found on zazzle.com!
Retro Nails – Tools
Retro Nails – The Steps:
- Start off with 2 coats of Urban Jungle by Essie.
- Paint a half moon shape over half of your nails with Fierce No Fear and fill it in.
- Paint 1 coat of matte nail polish over your nails. I used Matte About You by Essie.
- Using your striping brush paint an orange curved line over the edge of your brown polish.
- Finally to speed up the drying process of your orange stripe, spritz Rapid Dry Spray by OPI over all your nails. This will dry your final layer and won’t effect the matte finish of your nails. Leaving the appearance of matte and shiny retro nails.
Nail art doesn’t have to be complicated. The collection from Essie for Summer 2014 has lots of mixable colors great for some fun, nail art designs. Sugg. retail price is $8.50/ bottle. I’ve included a bunch of product links above for great deals on essie’s polish collection!
Let me know what you think! Use the comment box below to leave your thoughts & as always…
Thanks for stopping by!
(Photo credits: Retro T-shirt Zazzle.com // Nails by Holly for The Trendy Nail)
Disclosure: The product mentioned in this post were provided by the manufacturer. All opinions on this site are 100% my own and are in no way influenced by any other person(s). Affiliate links appear in this post. When you purchase through an affiliate link, you help support this site. For more info view my Disclosure Policy.