Runway Nails: Sophie Theallet Spring/Summer 2016
Here’s a cool design that strutted the runway at the Sophie Theallet Spring/Summer 2016 show.
Using new colors from the essie fall collection Leggy Legend! Also a great look that would be perfect for Halloween!
Taking inspiration from Sophie Theallet’s African themed Spring/Summer 2016 collection, Julie Kandalec for essie created a modern crocodile nail design with shades licorice and leggy legend. The earthy hues complemented the designer’s color palette while also providing an eye-catching, metallic pop of color to the overall look.
essie nail products used:
Get the look:
- Apply first base base coat to clean, filed nails
- Next, apply two coats of licorice to entire nail and let dry
- Then, apply a thick, vertical stripe of leggy legend down the center of the nail
- Next, dip a dotting tool in leggy legend and apply imperfect dots and dashes on each side of the stripe from top to bottom
- To complete the design, take a striping brush and apply a thin, vertical line of leggy legend in between the dots and edge of the nail on both sides
- Finish with gel.setter top coat
(Photo credit: essie)
For additional information on the essie nail products mentioned above, please visit www.essie.com.
Also check out: #essieNYFW for everything fashionable backstage, and #essielove to see our designer nail looks!
Follow essie for behind-the-scenes: