Runway Nails: Paul Andrew Spring/Summer 2016
Here’s another backstage look at the runway nails from the Paul Andrew Spring/Summer 2016 runway show this past September’s New York Fashion Week. This design looks extremely familiar. I’ve definitely created similar designs. Glad to know i’m on trend. 🙂
Paul Andrew drew inspiration from modern Hong Kong for his Spring/Summer 2016 collection. To complement the designer’s vibrant color palette and rich textures, Julie Kandalec for essie created a striped, metallic nail look with no place like chrome.
essie nail products used:
Get the look:
- Apply first base base coat to clean, filed nails
- Next, apply one coat of allure to all nails
- Then, apply one coat of au natural to all nails
- Starting 1/3 inch down from the tip of the nail, use a striping brush to create a thin, horizontal stripe with no place like chrome on both thumb nails
- On all remaining fingers, use a striping brush to create a thin, vertical stripe down the center of the nail with no place like chrome
- Finish with gel.setter top coat
(Photo credit: essie)
Here’s a similar look I created last winter using essie products. Click on the image to be directed to the “how-to” page!
(Photo credit: Holly for the trendy nail)
For additional information on the essie nail products mentioned above, please visit www.essie.com.
Check out: #essieNYFW for everything fashionable backstage, and #essielove to see our designer nail looks!
Follow essie for behind-the-scenes: