Holiday Glitters: Pure Ice Bling on the Holidays Collection
Hey there nail enthusiasts… As the holidays are quickly approaching here’s another glitter polish collection that’s perfect for those of you looking for a little nail sparkle without breaking the bank! Pure Ice recently released it’s new holiday collection for 2014 called “Bling on the Holidays!”
Comprised of 6 glitter nail polishes. All of these polishes are perfect for layering over your favorite cream nail polish. If worn alone they’re sheer with hex glitter bits and gold shimmer. Excluding Pure Icicles which has a silver base and white snowflake looking bits. These glitters would also look great on any child’s nails! A really great stocking stuffer because each nail polish is under $2.00 and can usually be found at your local Walmart store or online through walmart.com.
Opacity Rating: 0=sheer & 5=opaque
From left to right here are the colors.
- Pure Icicles – Silver base with white circle “snowflake like” confetti bits. – Alone Opacity: 3- Layered: 4/5
- Santa Merry Me – Clear jelly base with a sparkly reddish gold shimmer & red round small & large hex glitter bits. Alone Opacity: 0 – Layered: 4/5
- Bling on the Holidays – Clear jelly base with a sparkly champagne gold shimmer & gold hex glitter bits. Alone Opacity: 0 – Layered: 4/5
- Gold Peppermints – Clear jelly base with a sparkly rose gold shimmer & light rose hex glitter bits. Alone Opacity: 0 – Layered: 4/5
- Winter Blues – Clear jelly base with a sparkly ice blue shimmer & turquoise hex glitter bits. Alone Opacity: 0 – Layered: 4/5
- Feelin Ornamental – Clear jelly base with a sparkly green & gold shimmer & emerald hex glitter bits. Alone Opacity: 0 – Layered: 4/5
Here’s a close up of Pure Icicles. When worn alone or over a dark color it appears as though there are snowflakes are all over your nails!
Here’s a closer look at Winter Blues over a bare set of nails.
I think my favorite shade in this collection is Bling on the Holidays. I really like the way the gold looks over a deep red.
These colors also look pretty cool over solid white nails. When worn over solid white nails the color of the hex glitter bits really stand out.
Here’s a peek at how the glitters look over white and over red.
White Nails Glitter Polish Colors: Winter Blues and Santa Merry Me.
Red Nail Glitter Nails: Bling on the Holidays and Gold Peppermints over Azature Blackberry
They’re a little thick in consistency so they don’t spread as smoothly as I was hoping. If you’re planning on attempting a gradient with any of these glitters wipe the brush a few times to reduce the polish on the brush. Start at the base and gently glide and lift midway up your nail… using this dry brush technique makes it easier to attempt the gradient without using a sponge. (dry brush technique)