Negative Space Nail Art with Zoya Matte Velvet Nail Polish
If you like the look of matte nails then check out the new collection released by Zoya called Matte Velvet!
6 deep matte shades for fall. For the first time I decided to try out the matte polish using some nail tape and was pretty surprised with my results.
Leaving my nails bare and taping off the areas that I wanted to stay nail polish free, gave me a cool negative space nail art design to each nail!
- Colors used: Harlow: Matte Fuchsia Plum
Dovima: Smokey Matte Charcoal Black
Loredana: Medium Gun Metal Matte Gray
- First I started with a clear base coat and then applied one coat of OPI matte top coat creating a matte finish to my bare nails.
- Next i taped off each nail using nail art tape.
- On my pinky and index finger I painted two coats of Harlow/Matte #ZP505 and quickly pealed off the tape while the polish was still wet. (It’s important to peel off the polish before it dries in order to get clean, crisp lines.
- I continued with the same method… but color blocked the other nails using the fuchsia pink Harlow/Matte #ZP505, darkest gray Dovima /Matte #ZP499 & lighter gray Loredana /Matte #ZP498
I left out using the matte top coat to finish off the look but, if you want to protect your design I would definitely recommend adding a matte top coat to your nails.
Each of the matte velvet colors retail for $9/each and Zoya also offers a Matte Top Coat for $10
The matte velvet collection can be purchased online at www.zoya.com , at Ulta Beauty Stores or on amazon.com
All and all i’m pretty excited to try the rest of the collection. I like the matte finish and the polish dries very quickly. You only need 1 – 2 coats for a perfect finish. Zoya states that the matte polish is not as long lasting as their regular polish colors. I did notice a bit of chipping on the second day of wear on my thumb. Overall I would have to say I’m very pleased with the colors and my favorite so far is the crimson red (not shown) called Posh! I absolutely adore this matte red… especially for the holidays!
Stay tuned for a more detailed review and swatches of the entire matte velvet collection!
I’d love to hear from you… leave a comment in the message box below and let me know what you think of the new matte nail polish and negative space nail art?