Hey there nail enthusiasts!
I wanted to share with you an indie brand that i’ve been following for a while now called KBShimmer. Made in the USA, KBShimmer is much different from commercial polishes you’re used to seeing in big box stores such as Target, Walmart, Ulta Beauty and even Sephora.
Not just a nail polish brand, KBShimmer also makes beauty products such as scrubs, soaps, and lotions too.
What stands KBShimmer apart from other brands is it’s unique glitter polishes. They’re not your average glitters!
Here’s a lil’ bio about the brand: KBShimmer was founded in 2008 by the husband and wife team of Jason and Christy Rose. KBShimmer offers unique and colorful nail glitter nail polishes that are Big 3 Free, with all glitter formulas being completely free of chemicals such as toluene, form aldehyde, formaldehyde resin and dibutylphthalate (DBP).
KBShimmer glitter polishes feature a flat glitter- grabbing brush for easy application.
KBShimmer also offers a 2-free quick dry polish topcoat, olive oil lotion, sugar scrubs, mani shots, cold process soaps, and other skin care products.
Each bottle of polish retails for $8.75 and can be purchased at kbshimmer.com, amazon.com and harlowandco.org along with select salons and retailers.
Now onto the collection of 14! I’ve actually never seen a company launch such a huge collection all in one shot!
KBShimmer Launches 2015 Winter / Holiday Collection
KBShimmer announces its Winter/Holiday 2015 Collection, a line of seasonally inspired polishes.
Launching November 2, 2015, KBShimmer’s Winter/Holiday Collection features 14 NEW polishes that will have you sparkling and shining throughout the entire holiday season! “The holiday season is the perfect time to fully embrace the bling,” says KBShimmer owner Christy Rose.
“Our 2015 Winter/Holiday collection takes the rich colors and textures associated with this time of the year to a whole new level of glam!”
Here’s the line up (from left to right)
- Fleece Navidad: A soft silvery light grey polish with holographic sparkle and blue micro flakes that shimmer in the sun
- Smoke Signal: A smoky, light gray polish with orange, red, and aqua holographic glitters
- Owl Miss You: A soft beige, neutral tan. This feathery polish is filled with golden metallic flakes and a bit of coppery metallic shimmer
- Chilly Pepper: A true Christmas red cream with full coverage in 2 coats
- Yule Worthy: A warm burgundy leaning, chocolate brown polish with micro metallic flakes
- How Corn-y: An Indian corn inspired polish with burgundy, gold, red, and orange glitters in a creamy orange base
- SELFIE: A holiday holographic glitter topper perfect for pairing with Chilly Pepper or used alone for a full coverage textured look
- Kind Of A Big Dill: Perfect for those that love a pickle on their Christmas tree! This deep, near forest, green is loaded with micro and small silver holographic glitters that shine in the light
- Oh Holo Night: A blingy holographic glitter topper featuring silver and blue holo mini stars
- Claws and Effect: A dark purple leaning navy holo polish with blue/pink shifting glass flakes
- Brrr-tiful Dreamer: A muted grape leaning grey polish with aqua, silver, purple, and fuchsia glitters
- Coal In One: A charcoal grey linear holographic polish with 2 coat coverage
- For Fox Sake: A dusty, red leaning orange cream
- Toying Around: 2015 Toys For Tots polish; see separate release for full details
SPECIAL PROMO! Starting 11/02/15, all orders over $75 will receive a KBShimmer Cosmetic Bag in pink.
Each bag will include a full sized bottle of Clearly On Top, a KBShimmer Emery Board, a .75 oz Mani Shot, Lotion Sample, Scrub Sample and Soap Sample (scents will vary). Offer Good While Supplies Last.
Now in case you think these are just your average glitter polishes.. think again!
I recently received 3 samples from the collection. Chilly Pepper, How Corn-y & my favorite Toying Around! I’ll be swatching a reviewing these 3 later next week.
Four dollars from each bottle of “Toying Around” will be donated to Toys for Tots.
KBShimmer is thrilled to announce the launch of its 4th annual edition charity polish, Toying Around!
“We here at KBShimmer are very fortunate, and we want to pay forward that good fortune by helping our local community,” says KBShimmer owner Christy Rose. “Creating a special Christmas themed charity polish is something I look forward to each year, and this year’s polish is a celebration of the fun that every child should be able to experience – TOYS!” Last year, KBShimmer raised THREE THOUSAND dollars to help ensure that every child has something to open during the holidays and want to make this year an even bigger success!
Toying Around is a toy inspired polish, filled with a rainbow of colorful matte glitters in stars, squares, circles, triangles and hexes. A bit of micro sparkle adds the perfect touch to this glitter topper. When imagining Santa’s workshop, it’s hard to not think about an explosion of colorful toy parts and wrapping paper and that is exactly what Toying Around looks like! It’s ideal for jazzing up any holiday manicure and makes the perfect stocking stuffer!
“As a mother, I know how important Christmas is for a child, and therefore choosing Toys For Tots as our charity was a perfect fit. This is the fourth year that we have donated to our local Toys for Tots group, a tradition I hope is in place for many years to come,” says Rose.
From November 2nd through December 15th, four dollars from the sale of each bottle of “Toying Around” sold on www.kbshimmer.com will be donated to the Terre Haute (the KBShimmer headquarters) chapter of Toys for Tots. Each bottle retails for $8.75
For more information about Toys for Tots, visit www.toysfortots.org.
Toying Around will be available November 2, 2015 at www.kbshimmer.com.
For sales outside of the U.S., visit www.harlowandco.org.