Matte & Shiny Nails – The Dark Side
I love this look! Matte & Shiny french combo using a dark polish. If you’re not brave enough to try this at home.. definitely check with your local salon to see if they offer manicures with matte polish & shiny tips.
Here’s how I got this look.
- Apply 1 layer of base coat – (Any base coat will do) Seche Clear
- 2 coats of Bobbing for Baubles #769-Essie
- 1 coat of Seche Vite Dry Fast
- Wait a while to make sure the nail is completely dry
- Tape each nail tip – 1/8″ painters tapeTIP: I find using a thin piece of tape works better than trying to cut 10 pieces of tape the same width. It insures that each nail has the same size nail tip. I used 1/8″ tape. I bought mine at Michaels but you can buy a similar product at Walmart – 3M 6404 1/8-Inch X 36 Yard Vinyl Painter’s Tape – Blue
- Paint nail with 1 coat of Matte Polish – NYC- Matte Me Crazy (Any Matte Nail polish will work)
- Let the nail completely dry before taking off the tape
- For a refresh of the glossy tip add 1 more coat of clear top coat to each tip.. make sure to stay in the lines
Voilla!!! There you have it! Matte Nails w/ Shiny Tips!
Let me know how it turns out!