Liebster Award & Many Thanks!!
I was awarded the Liebster Award! I am so flattered and thankful to be tagged by willworkforpolish (click the link to visit her site).
This is my first time receiving something like this so here it goes.
1) The recipient must post 11 fun facts about themselves
2) The recipient must also answer 11 questions created by the award giver
3) The recipient must give the award to 11 new bloggers with less than 200 followers and post 11 questions for them to answer
4) These 11 bloggers must be told they have been given the award
5) They will in turn pass the award on to 11 new bloggers of their choice (no tagging back the award giver)
Part 1 : 11 Fun Facts About Me
- My name is Holly
- I’m a web designer, advertising director and nail artist
- I love animals
- I have a black cat named Sophie (she’s my promoter for The Trendy Nail on facebook Sophie’s Facebook )
- I don’t have a favorite color
- I love blinging out cell phone cases
- I graduated from Syracuse University w/ a Surface Pattern Design degree -VPA
- Last place I skied was Jackson Hole, WY. (many years ago)
- My 2 favorite artists are Rihanna & Beyonce
- I’m a gym junkie – trying to reach a raw bench press of 155lbs.
- I love visiting Florida in the summer
- When and why did you start blogging?
I was surfing the web late one night and found myself running into a bunch of bloggers writting about their love for polishes. I figured, why not try it myself seeing as though I love sharing my discoveries with my friends… why not share it with the world & that’s how “The Trendy Nail” began.
- How many bottles of polish do you own?
Not Sure… I’m at least running about 50+
- What color do you have the most of in your collection?
It’s a tight race between purple & red
- What is your first memory of nail polish?
Probably 5 or 6. My mom had a standing appointment every Friday @ 10am with her manicurist Vickie at Nail Perfection in West Hartford.
The first time my mom brought me into the salon I instantly knew that was what I wanted to do. I’m finally following my dream and although Nail Perfection is no longer active, Vickie is still the best manicurist in town with a huge following. (Nail Perfection was the only 100% American Nail Salon in West Hartford… Those kinds of salons are rare now a days.. I’d like to bring them back!)
- What do your friends/ family think of your hobby?
Everyone’s pretty supportive… some skeptical but I tune out the negative and focus on the positive.
- What are your hobbies other than blogging?
I love baking during the holidays.. I’m a huge Gingerbread Cookie Fanatic!
- What’s your favorite nail polish color?
I love all of the LIQUID SAND colors from OPI (Stay The Night’s my #1)
- What would be your dream polish?
I have too many first loves… not sure.
What is something you love but everyone hates?
Reality TV… Jerseylicious, Snooky & JWOW… i’m a junkie
- What trends do you love?
Accent Nails & Matte nails w/ shiny tips
- What trends do you hate?
The original Ugg boots w/ dresses and other outfits that just doesn’t make sense.
I know they’re super comfy but It drives me crazy
Part 3 : 11 New Awesome Bloggers
- gems in a bottle
- sparkles and statutes
- Nail Juice
- Lacquer Man
- Polish Police
- Wicked Nails
- Polish Me Please
- Nail Notes
- The Polish Squirrel
- Nail Luxxe
And there you have it! Pass it along!! 🙂