Hey there nail enthusiasts!
Here’s an extra special fashion week mani cam look at the gorgeous nails from the Oscar de la Renta Fall/Winter 2016 runway show featuring nail lacquers by Essie.
Oscar de la Renta Fall/Winter 2016
When approaching the Fall/Winter 2016 collection, Oscar de la Renta’s Peter Copping derived inspiration from classical 18th century motifs, such as Toile de Jouy. He gave them a modern update by putting them through a “technical pixelation process.”
Alongside a color palette of French blue, oyster, bordeaux, dusty rose, and black, the collection sparked the idea of a vintage look for nails. Michelle Saunders for essie created a well-groomed “vintage glow” manicure that represented health and vigor using shades allure and hi maintenance, followed by a coat of matte about you and apricot cuticle oil rubbed onto the nail to give a “satin” finish.
essie nail products used for manicure:
• first base base coat • hi maintenance • allure • matte about you • apricot cuticle oil
Get the look:
1. Apply first base base coat to clean, filed nails
2. Next, apply one coat of hi maintenance
3. Then, swipe one coat of allure along the free edge of the nails
4. Finish with one coat of matte about you
5. To create the satin finish, apply apricot cuticle oil around the cuticles; allow to dry and rub onto the actual nail
For additional information on the essie nail products mentioned above, please visit www.essie.com. For up to the minute coverage, check out: #essielove for everything fashionable backstage. Follow us for behind-the-scenes:
Follow essie for behind-the-scenes:
Disclosure: All of the information in this post was provided by essiepr. All of the opinions are 100% my own and are in no way influenced by anyone. Affiliate links appear in this post. When you purchase through an affiliate link, you help support this site. For more info view my Disclosure Policy.